Thursday, October 29, 2015

30 Day Challenge Day Four

Today is the fourth day of my 30 day diet soda free challenge. So far, this has been very hard for me. I worked on Monday and Tuesday and really missed my diet soda. By eight o'clock I was very tired and yawning constantly. Although I do have to admit, I was tired enough when I got home to go right to bed. There are times it takes me an hour or so to fall asleep but I was probably asleep within a half hour. It was nice to know that I could do this challenge on days I work, because I know that is going to be my harder days. I really rely on that caffeine to get me through my shift. I am trying to stay true to my challenge, which is why I am not turning to energy drinks or regular soda.

However, this is my second day off and I am really starting to feel the effects of no caffeine. I was sluggish all day yesterday and just didn't feel like doing much of anything, so I didn't. I forced myself to get my schoolwork done today, but it was hard to feel like doing anything. I also have a headache, which I don't know if it is from no caffeine or the dreaded artificial sweetener withdrawal!

2 comments:

  1. Stay strong! I gave up diet soda when I became pregnant. My savior has been sparkling water. It is a bit of an acquired taste, but it helps with the carbonation cravings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might have to try that. Regular water is getting old for sure!

      Delete