So now I am one official week into my 30 day diet soda free challenge. This is turning out to be very hard because not only am I trying to stay away from diet soda but I am also trying to stay away from all artificial sweeteners. Would you believe how many products have artificial sweeteners in them? I have only been drinking water because there is nothing else I can drink. I don't want regular soda because of the added calories so I am stuck with water. I did make a pitcher of ice tea, which was a nice change. I didn't use any sugar or anything, just plain and unsweetened ice tea. Refreshing, yes, but it lacked the carbonation that I love from my diet soda.
I am still unsure if my desire for a diet soda is out of habit, or because of the caffeine, or the artificial sweetener. This is an answer I am hoping will be answered by the end of my challenge. All i know so far is that I still have sluggish days but no more headache. I was afraid I would have more withdrawal effects but just that really tired feeling. I sure do crave an ice cold diet pepsi though, especially when I think about one. Sounds like a habit for sure!
Stay strong!
ReplyDelete