Monday, November 9, 2015

Sucralose

I have discovered, during this challenge, that the majority of zero calorie drinks nowadays contain sucralose. I am trying so hard to find something to drink besides juice and it seems like anything that has an artificial sweetener in it, is sucralose. Sucralose, whose brand name is Splenda, is apparently the new norm. When I was first thinking about what my 30 day challenge was going to entail, that's the first time I really thought about what is actually in the zero calorie sodas. I always assumed it was aspartame. Of course, during my research, I did find out that aspartame was replaced because it was supposedly linked to cancer. However, most of the studies were done on mice and not humans.

Anyway, I still haven't given in to the temptation to crack open a cold bottle of diet soda. I think about it all the time, but I am really trying to stick to this challenge. I want to see what the end results will be. Although I am still having trouble finding something, besides water or unsweetened ice tea, to drink. I have tried quite a few different herbal teas during this challenge but can't drink tea without sugar and I am also trying to limit my sugar intake. I feel like the sugar I do put in my tea is cheating, especially because I am still up to two cups of coffee a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment