So, I took the advice of one of my comments and tried sparkling water. I figured maybe the carbonation would trick me into thinking it was like soda. Unfortunately, the sparkling water did not go over very well. It was actually kind of gross. I would rather stick with plain water or unsweetened ice tea rather than sparkling water. I really wanted the flavored sparkling water but felt like that was cheating. I never really thought about how hard it would be to find something to drink that does not have artificial sweetener in it!
I have also started drinking two cups of coffee a day. I just could not go the whole day without extra caffeine so I have been drinking a second cup of coffee. With the extra cup of coffee, I don't feel so sluggish in the afternoon or at work. I don't know if this is going to make it harder to figure out if my habit is a result of the artificial sweeteners or caffeine but at this point I feel like it is the caffeine, because the second cup of coffee just doesn't excite me like drinking a diet soda did. I really do miss those cold diet sodas!
Sorry to hear you were not a fan of sparkling water! There is a huge variation among brands, but no matter what, it is not something I think many people would like on first try. I like a nice Perrier with a lemon because it makes me feel fancy :)
ReplyDeleteMaybe I will try drinking it with some lemon because I did try plain Perrier and it was not very tasty! :)
ReplyDelete